Wednesday, November 11, 2009

wednesday in the park with robyn

I go running in a loop around my neighborhood. If you know Queen Anne in Seattle, I run the crown. For me, because of where my apartment is in relation to the crown, I begin and end with Kerry Park. You know Kerry Park. Even if you think you don't know Kerry Park, you know Kerry Park. It's the place in Seattle that almost all skyline shots in Seattle-set movies are filmed. It's this view:


Pretty nice, right? At the end, I even risk the public embarrassment and stretch just to catch the view a little bit longer.

Because the view is awesome - it is, maybe take one more look - there are literally always people taking pictures there. Wedding parties, busloads of tourists, busloads of high school prom-goers, people taking engagement photos, all sorts of pictures. Today there were two weird picture takers. 1) A couple, who clearly weren't in wedding clothes so not a wedding party and she wasn't wearing an engagement ring so I don't think it was an engagement photo either and 2) this group of guys filming something with a professional size camera. Both groups were "interesting" to me.

The couple looked odd. He was wearing really, really skinny jeans, and she was decked in a similar hipster look. Two hipsters in Seattle not news. But, his jeans were just too skinny. And they were black. Seriously they were really skinny jeans. I have two theories on them: 1) they were tourists from somewhere actually fashionable (I'm looking at you New York and San Francisco, or 2) they were musicians that I just didn't recognize. Because I like a good celebrity sighting, I'm going with option two.

The group of guys looked official. There were a lot of them. They were all wearing black, but like 'oh this black sweatshirt I totally wear it every day' not 'let's all wear black tomorrow so that we can steal that big diamond.' Plus, they had not just the big professional size camera. They also had regular cameras and lenses draped around their necks. Plus, a laptop on which they were watching their filming, plus they all had badges (couldn't read them) and then when I was about to leave someone started taking their pictures. Again, I have a theory: they were filming those establishment shots for Grey's Anatomy or something else set in Seattle.

Pretty neat right? Two potential sightings in one visit. Or, another theory, one fevered imagination. I guess we'll never know.

Image from Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment