Wednesday, November 11, 2009

it wasn't itsy-bitsy, nor teenie-weenie, not yellow, zero polka dots

Tonight I did my weekly bit to meet another of my recent goals: I went swimming. For the last couple of months, I've been trying to go swimming once a week. And, tonight I did it with a bravery. See my swimsuit was pretty old and each week I've noticed that it's providing less and less coverage. Then, last night I went to put it into my gym bag and I realized that it's basically see through. So today I brought my backup swimsuit. Also known as my two-piece speedo. My red, two-piece speedo (clearly a purchased during a confident moment years ago). See, I've never swum laps in a two-piece, and basically I try to avoid wearing the thing as much as possible. You see at first I was afraid, I was petrified. But now I'm back, from outer space....er, I think I got sidetracked. So, today I wore it. I conquered my fear, slew the dragon, and lived to tell the tale. It turns out, it was kind of nice. I could feel the water on my stomach. And, soon after I got in the pool an older guy got in two lanes down from me wearing a speedo, so I wasn't alone in the risky swimwear department.

Swimming still kicked my ass, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment