Tuesday, November 24, 2009

in which i write a letter to my old toilet

Dear John,

I didn't know that you weren't what I wanted, that I had moved to a different place. But, I have. I've moved on and I'm not so sorry to say it's over. You see, my landlord gave me a new water efficient toilet. And, h
e's everything I never knew I always wanted. He's slimmer, taller, free of (germy) baggage. In a word, he's perfect. I didn't mean for this to happen, but as soon as I saw that stack of toilets I started to feel excited in a way that I never have before. And, once I saw the new toilet I knew I'm over you, John. Even though you were always there for me, it's over. It's not me, it's you. I don't think we should be friends.

Robyn

Yep, I got a new toilet! Pretty, right?


Here's the before:
It's hard to see in this pic, but the toilet was pretty old. The screws that attached the lid to the see left black stuff all over, as did the ones that attached the seat to the bowl. Plus, you can barely see this in the picture, but the finish (if that's what you'd call it) was coming off the seat. All of that's to say that the toilet worked fine but was ugly.







Sad old toilets:


That picture reminds me of this Ikea commercial from a few years ago.


Video from YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment