Friday, November 6, 2009

lamps!

I'm in the lamp market. I have a lighting problem in my living room. I just bought two new lamps for my bedside tables. So, I've been thinking about lamps and lighting a lot lately. I'm seeing lamps everywhere. I'm basically haunted by lamps.

Total side story here...there was a bed-wetting incident a few years ago. I swear, it wasn't me, but that's not really the point of this tangent. So, anyway after dealing with urine cleanup I smelled urine everywhere. I lived in DC at the time, so probably some of that was actual urine that was on the street. But, I really think that mostly I was haunted by the smell of urine. It just stayed in my nose.

So that's what I keep thinking about when I notice lamps in everything. I watched Revolutionary Road the other night. Yeah, yeah, yeah...great acting, amazing adaptation, etc. You know what else was great about it...incredible lamps. In every room. Even the kitchen. I was like 'oh, this is so sad...that lamp is incredible.' 'Oh, my god it's so upsetting...look at that I'd never think to put a lamp in the kitchen.' Other movies/TV shows with good lighting options: Doubt (there were like four great lamps in Sister Aloysius's office alone), Wilhelmina Slater has an awesome tall white floor lamp with a black drum shade, I even liked one in Meredith's bedroom in the last episode of Grey's Anatomy. They're everywhere.

It's a sickness. I guess the first step is admitting you have a problem. And, I do, I have a lighting problem. At some point I'll seek help. From the lighting department of many, many stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment