Thursday, November 19, 2009

two funny things...

Funny thing #1-- On my way into work this morning the song Funky Cold Medina came on the radio. Yeah, it's been a looooong time since I've heard that song and probably longer still since I've paid attention to the lyrics. You know the section where he takes a girl back to his house to hookup and discovers that she's a dude, here's the line that follows that: This is the 80's, and I'm down with the ladies. I laughed so hard when I heard that that I snorted. By the way, this was one of my favorite songs when it came out. What can I say? I've always had good taste.

Funny thing #2-- When I started writing this I was trying to find some slang to make me sound like I'm at all up to date with current vernacular. Yeah, I'm not. I gave up trying to find something on urbandictionary.com and just started reading their words of the day. On November 3rd, the word of the day was right-of-stay. Here's the definition:
when two cars disregard the right-of-way guidelines they were supposed learn from a driver's manual when they were 16, resulting in both cars to remain motionless at an intersection assuming the other car will make the first move. Usually after about 1o seconds both cars will go at the same time which leads to a firestorm of profanity and/or an accident.
There's also a funny dialogue between two cars at said intersection (see link above). People, the problem is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment