Thursday, December 10, 2009

nothing left to lose?

I think I might have actually done it. I might be done with going to Michael's for the foreseeable future. All day long I kept thinking, I'll get the effing glue gun and then I'll be free. Free of the disorganized, full of crap, place that smells like fake cinnamon and (real) straw. Free. Free of informed staff people who are always milling about, not really doing anything other than avoiding my eye contact when I'm clearly hovering trying to ask where the hell hot glue guns are. Free.

Then, I read design*sponge this morning and there was a tutorial on how to make a rosette wreath. Yeah, I was this close (my thumb and pointer finger are very close) to actually begin the planning stages on it. But, then I thought better. Victory.

Then, I went back later to see if there were any new posts. Damn those crafty (as in clever, not necessarily diy crafty) geniuses over at design*sponge. Check out these ornaments. They really don't look that hard. And, that's the line that gets me into trouble. As in, seriously Mom, an ornament wreath would take me no time at all. It would be easy. So far, I'm staying strong. And, I'm free.

No comments:

Post a Comment